Low Seats in '94 LE ?

I had this car for 3 years, my mother ended up with it and gave it back to me as a station car. The driver seat towards the back of the bottom feels incredibly low! I must be senile because I don't remember it being that low when I drove it. Is there any way to raise the whole seat? I don't like the idea of sitting on a cushion all the time.

As there ever been a thread about this - I'm sure there has, there's millions of these cars around.

Barry

--

Reply to
Barry Feldman

Owner's manual? (gives instructions) There should be two dials on the side of the seat near the door. Open the driver's door, and you should see a gap between the rear of the cushion and the seat back. Turn the rearmost dial / knob, until the rear of the seat cushion contacts the base of the seat back. (the front dial is to adjust the front of the seat cushion for tilt) (assuming this isn't a joke and you really didn't see those fairly obvious adjusters)

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

thanks for the response - this was not a joke. I had fiddled with those things but the seat still feel low. I was in agony driving from NYC back to LI the other day. I think it's just a low seat that I have to get used to.

I think one good point you made is to check the distance - I tend to always push the seat back all the way and that puts pressure on the lower back when your foot in on the pedal.

thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

BF

--

Reply to