New 03 Camry V6 XLE check engine & VSC lights on

This is a 3 wk old Camry V6 XLE, now w/ 400 mi. We've been getting the check engine and VSC lights, and I think the local dealership is, shall we say, now playing straight with me. I had a Clifford Intelligard 6000 and remote starter installed. The car is giving a P0057 code, which translates to heated O2 sensor #2 heater circuit error. The dealer says this is being caused by the added alarm & remote starter. The guy who did the installation does not believe that it's his equipment, but he uninstalled the alarm & remote starter and I'm still getting the dashboard lights on.

Does any one else have experience with this kind of problem that can't be pinned on an aftermarket item? I've been reading about known problems with an O2 sensor, and also w/ the fuel tank charcoal filter. This latter pblm was also experienced by my cousin when his '02 Camry was new.

Thanks, Rob

Reply to
Robert Solomon

Rob, the problem is the AF sensor itself.The reason the VSC light comes ion is you have the skid control and the 2 systems (engine and skid control/brakes) work together.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

That's what he needed,...an unbiased asessment from a Toyota tech rather than being told where to go 'cause he dared to have an after-market product installed!!

Jason

Reply to
Jason James