Difference of ES300 and Camry v6

Sorry for the stupid question. I had neither one car before. Can someone tells me whether they are two totally different cars or only different body but sharing the same engine? Which one would you pick for a 2000 es300 compare with a brand new camry V6?

Thanks for your comment.

Wing

Reply to
wingbay

Here's my humble opinion since I have had both.

The ES300 (which I now have) has a better turning radius than my Camry. It drives, for me, an lot smoother on the highway. It has a lot more amenities like heated front seats, ABS, bunch of other stuff. I have had 4 Camry's before this ES and really like them but the ES is just a step above the Camry.

Russ

Russ's Signature Page

SignatureMan

New Camry can have heated seats, ABS is standard here in Canada with the V6. The V6 VVTi engine is now on the Camry too, at least here in Canada. Used to be that the VVTi heads were reserved for the ES300, that changed here in mid

2002. I'd say extra insulation, different suspension tuning, trim differences, and extra dealer care (and profit for both the dealer and Toy) are the biggest difference to the XLE They certainly do use the same body shell, and I would expect one to last just as long as the other. Are the extra comforts, insulation, dealer care worth the extra $$ to you?

Reply to
John H

So that means, other than the extra insulation, the engine are pretty much the same as well as the performance.. Then I should ask myself whether the $10K price difference worths the supsension, service and trimming.

Reply to
wingbay

Reply to
Buckshot LeFunk

Oh. I was thinking at 150,000 miles, my Camry would be scrapped. Nice to see that my car would last well beyond that.

Thanks!

differences,

Reply to
Car Guy

I'm now at 276,000 miles on my 92 V-6 and aiming for 300,000

Reply to
David Cutler

Reply to
Buckshot LeFunk