maint required lite is on

I have a 2004 camry with 9800 miles on it. The maint required lite is on. The dealership says it is for oil change and tire rotation. I have done both but the lite is still on. The dealership says they will turn it off for $25.00. Does anyone know how I can turn it off myself?

Reply to
Bernie Mandelman
  1. Make sure your mileage display is set on the odometer.
  2. Turn off the car.
  3. Hold down the odometer switch while starting the car.
  4. Keep holding down the odometer switch for a couple of seconds and the light should reset.
Reply to
GeorgeW

Reply to
Car Guy

Stevef is correct. The procedure should be in there. A friend of mine has a 2004 Accord. The dealer serviced it and forgot to turn off the light. He found the procedure in the owners manual.

"When a legislature undertakes to proscribe the exercise of a citizen's constitutional rights it acts lawlessly and the citizen can take matters into his own hands and proceed on the basis that such a law is no law at all."

- Justice William O. Douglas

Reply to
MisterSkippy

I would find another dealer. A decent one would have told you to check the manual for instructions rather than try to rip you off $25.

Reply to
Art