maint lite ?

On a long trip the odo on my 07 Camry LE 4 turned over 5000 miles. The Phonex dealer had an over an hour wait which I couldn't accept so I went on. Later in the day I had the oil changed at WalMart, took twenty minutes. But they didn't reset the lite and when I questioned them they said they weren't allowed to reset it. After a bit of complaining I found out that they didn't know how, so I left. I know how to reset it on my 05 but not on the 07 and would appreciate any tips. I can call the dealer on Monday. tnx Hank

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

Perhaps that is two hints:

1) Call ahead and make an appointment. 2) You get what you pay for at walmart.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

From Toyota.com's faq section: Look in section 1-5 of your owner's manual - "Operation of Instruments and Controls - Gauges, Meters, and Service Indicator Lights."

If you left the owner's manual at home, try the same procedure as in your '05.

Reply to
Ray O

Strangely a lot of people ask how to turn off the maint reqd light on the Prius, but it is listed in the owner's manual (albiet hiding a bit...). For example, it is in the US 2004 Prius Owner's Manual, Section 2-5 "Operation of Instruments and Controls: Gauges, Meters and Service Reminder Indicators", item (j) in the "Service reminder indicators and warning buzzers" section. So I'd figure that the instructions are also available in the similar section for the Camry owner's manual...

If not listed under the indicator section, try the DIY maintenance section of your owner's manual where instructions on how to change your own oil is listed.

Reply to
mrv

RTFM, guy! ;-)

Check that little book that came in the glovebox of your car called an Owners Manual. Last I heard, the instructions for resetting the light are in there, because some people do their own oil changes.

Probably some simple and logical variation on "hold in a button (like the Trip Odo Reset button) and turn on ignition key, hold button till the "Service Light" goes out. But don't guess, don't experiment, look it up. There are other options you could goof up, like the default settings of a factory anti-theft system.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman