need some advice on 2006 camry

I have a 2006 camry I4 and I wanted to know what interval should i change the spark plugs? My older toyotas i usually just changed them about 30k but i have heard that the new engines the plugs last longer. I bought my car used and the previous owner was boob about cars. Of course the dealer close to me wants to know the mileage before they answer to make it sound legit when they tell me i should change them.

Can some one tell me the official interval?

Thanks

Reply to
jeanpierresarti

I would go with whatever the manual says, and if that doesn't say, go by the Haynes Manual.

If you don't have a manual, Toyota will be happy to mail you one free of charge. Visit

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Thanks for the reply, i couldnt find out where they mail you a free one but they did have an on-line version.

According to the Toyota documentation a 2006 I4 camry's spark plugs should be changed at 120,000 miles.

Here is the link:

JeanPierreSarti

You just have to call them.

800-331-4331 from
Make sure they have the correct make and model. I called them to order a free manual for an '02 Sienna I had just bought, and they sent me a manual for an '02 Celica. I had to call them again...

That's just amazing.

I checked for my '02 Sienna (the latest vehicle model I own) and it said mine should be replaced at 60k miles, per the emission system warranty.

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

The new iridium spark plugs with platinum ground pads can last

100-120K miles (90K miles or less in city driving). But I wouldn't mind inspecting them at 60K miles. The NGK IXs at 50K miles there are still very little wear. Good stuff, use them **as long as specified as applicable in the NGK catalog**:

johngdole