New Wing ?

I have a 1995 CAMRY 4 Cyl Auto. In fact its 9 rears old today...Happy birthday CAMRY.

I purchased it new. Its got 67.000 miles. Well serviced. But about 5 years ago I creased a wing getting out of my garage. Not serious but it was bent at wheel arch. It was well repaired but the dreaded rust has just started to show. Rest of the car is fine. I suupose for a 5 year repair its done ok.

I checked up at TOYOTA yesterday.

Comment was if we repair in now, the rust will be thru in 6 months. Best fit a new wing. He is not sure cost but thinks £450.00 that's about $810. What would this job cost in USA. I am 7o years old now and I don't think I want to buy a new car. I am sure from a mechanical point this CAMRY will see me out.

Just wondered what range of prices you USA guys would get quoted.

cheers Johnny UK.

Reply to
Johnny Melvin

Johnny, You sound like a young 70! I recommend getting a new "wing", regardless of the cost, enjoy your car and drive the guts out of it. Bob

Reply to
Butherus

Wings? Hi, I am from the US. My 2001 did not come with wings. Even if it did I am sure with the 4-banger it has, it would not fly.

Reply to
Roger Blake

Not sure what you mean by "wing", but if you grind away the surface down to bare metal, removing all the existing rust, apply primer, and paint, the rust will not return, because it will have been completely removed.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

Hi Daniel, I think part of his thinking was ,the time taken to repair the wing. He said 8 hours. This would cost as much in labour as just replacing it and been done. I am not sure what the states side call this part of the body. The hood down to the wheel arch and back to the door and forward to head light housing. Its the WING here in UK.

I can see his point.

Thanks Johnny UK.

Reply to
Johnny Melvin