Noisy sway bar bushes

I drive a 1997 Camry with 167,000km on the clock. 12 months ago I had the rear sway bar bushes replaced by the Toyota dealer, since they were so noisy over bumps that it was embarrassing. Now, just 20,000km later, the left rear sway bar bush is creaking again over bumps. I'm annoyed that the repair only lasted this long. Is it likely the bush just needs a new coat of grease? Surely the bush itself wouldn't wear out so quickly?

Reply to
Chip

Is it likely the bush

When I installed mine, the Dealer's mechanics told me they use silicone grease to minimize noise. Turns out silicone grease is helpful for preserving rubber type parts like tie rod boots, and engine control moving rod rubber, also. They had it in a small can, but the best source I've found is the inexpensive small tubes of "dielectric grease" for electrical parts. Would recommend removing the anti sway bar bushings to lubricate the inner surfaces. I live in a dry climate, and drive on paved roads, but mine are still squeak free after around 30,000 miles (48,000 KM). Actual parts were only around $20, so replacing them is not a major undertaking.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus