O2 Sensor(s) on 91 Camry V6 (2VZ-FE) Engine

How many O2s are there and where are the O2x located ?

TNX.

Reply to
Vince
1 on the exaust manifold
Reply to
m Ransley

On my 95 V6 there are 3 O2 sensors.

There is a sensor on each of the two exhaust manifolds and one sensor after the catalytic converter.

I recently replaced the manifold ones. On mine, one is accessable from the top front of the engine and the other is accessable from underneath and behind the engine.

At the local parts store they listed replacements: BOSCH OEM and BOSCH Generic priced $225 versus $70. I went the cheap route. The generic looked identical to the faulty unit except that the name Toyota was stamped on it. I am convinced that generic sensor is identical to the faulty unit.

For the generic, you cut the old cable, thereby saving the old connector. Then the old wires are spliced to the new wires. Assuming I am correct and the sensors are identical, then that means you are paying $155 for a connector. Why doesn't someone buy up the generics, stick a toyota connector on it, and then sell at a modest profit?

Anyone know where one can buy toyota connectors and then you aren't splicing wires?

Reply to
kiselink