Oil filler cap left off 93 4 cyl.

Does anyone think I could have done any damage leaving the cap off for about

6 miles of suburban driving? Yes I know it was stupid. Noticed it when an oil mist started to appear on the lower part of the windshield. Never lost any noticeable oil, and oil pressure light never came on.

Marc

Reply to
Marc

No, it will be fine other than oil on the engine.

Reply to
ROBMURR

Hmmm...on a '74 Corolla 1200, my step dad left the oil filler cap off for about 250 miles. Had about 1 quart of oil left when I found it.

Car needed new rings at 120K, retired at 235K.

Six miles should not be a problem! ;)

Reply to
HachiRoku

nope