OT - Matrix Towing capability

Anybody here ever try or know someone who is towing a small trailer with a Matrx. I'm thinking of something like a 4' by 6' or 4' by 8' trailer with something like a garden tractor or golf cart on it?

I wouldn't be doing it a lot and not for long distances. I would need to go get corn for the pellet stove once or twice a month. That would be about 500 lbs. of corn on the trailer hauled loaded for about 20 miles. I would also like to be able to haul a golf cart to a few bluegrass festivals during the summer and that would be for a longer distance. Maybe a hundred miles or so round trip.

I am kinda skeptical but the salesman said the Matrix would pull up to

2400 pounds including the trailer. I think that is way over half the weight of the Matrix itself.

I am down to one car now and I would like to avoid the expense of having to get a small truck or something.

David

Reply to
hibb

Heat kills transmissions a cooler is always a good investment.

Reply to
ransley