paint protection film ?

Just purchased a new vehicle and the dealer had a folder describing a clear film that can be applied in frontal areas to eliminate the normal dings, scratches, etc that appear over time. Dealer doesn't install, done by another shop. Anyone have any experience/comments/whatever ? Sounds like a good idea if it really works. Thx Zork

Reply to
Zork

BigJim

Check out the 3M paint protection film.

You can look up your local authorized installer on their site. If you drive on highways with big trucks and flying debris then consider it. It should be better than bras which can scratch the paint.

Reply to
johngdole

I had the front part of the hood of my 99 Camry 3Med over 8 years ago. Results: no paint nicks where it was covered. No peeling yet, either. BEWARE: if a bug of something sticks to the film, do NOT use abrasives of any kind to get it out of the film: I did that ONCE. Top surface of small portion of film became striated, trapping dirt. However, the other 99.999% of the surface covered by the 3M product looks straight out of the showroom.

Reply to
sharx35

Reply to
johngdole