Question about wheel

Hi, I live in the north. Every year I have to change tires in the spring and autumn for my old Camry (90'). This year I want to buy 4 extra steel wheels for the winter tires. BTW, I have the torque wrench. How about my idea? I ask this question because most people change tires at garage. I am not sure about my thoughts.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Jeff

Stuart Gordon

its a great idea. if you have the snows on their own wheels, then you can change tires yourself. Also you don't ruin your summer wheels in the salt. The downside is you have to spend money and buy wheels

Reply to
Stuart Gordon

I bet you could recover the cost of buying cheap/used steel rims in three years of changing tires. If you figure mounting and dismounting tire eachtime will cost around $40 for all four. I got to imaging you can pickup steel rims for less than $120 for all four somewhere.

Scot

Reply to
Scot