Re: 1999 Camry back part to headlight assembly

Why not go to your local junkyard and see what it goes for? Also, I know

> some mechanics get a 30% discount on parts.

That $150 price is WITH his discount. Usually the junkyard idea is good, I've done that dozens of times. However, it is rare to find a vehicle in the wreckers with those parts undamaged.

> $150 is not a lot of money to make the car look right. > > > My independent Toyota mechanic just finished some body work on my 99 > camry, > > resulting from a minor collision to the left front fender plus the left > part > > of front bumper. He replaced the left front signal light assembly, however > > he noted that he couldn't get it totally tight as one of the 3 anchors > > latched onto a part, hidden from view, of the left front headlight > assembly. > > So far, he has been unable to buy just the anchor part which simply snaps > > onto the back of the headlight assembly. All the usual parts suppliers > want > > to sell him the ENTIRE bloody left front headlight assembly which costs a > > bloody arm and a leg. Suggestions? It is *fairly* tight the way it is but > it > > would be nice to have it restored to factory tightness, but NOT at $150 > CDN. > > > > Dave B. > > > > > >
Reply to
The Sharxster

aren