Re: 97 Camry Vibrates crazy, Please help

Hello, I am new to this forum but I feel I can be of great help. I am an L1 Master Tech and have over 30 years of experiance in automotive repair. Now, I will answer questions only based on my experiance. I believe it would not be fair to my shop to use the computer programs there to answer questions for the programs are expensive and are for the use of the shop only. Please understand, I am not be held responcible for anything I say that may be incorrect, as I said, I will give answers based on my experiance only. As for the viberations on this Camry. I would recommend replacing the drivers side axle. The inner joint is the most likely cause for the viberation. The outer joints go bad faster due to the stress caused to the boots while turning but the outer joints rarely cause viberation while accelerating. The inner joint on the drivers side goes bad first on Camrys because the shaft is shorter so the angles are greater when the suspension moves up and down. One other thing, if this has already be changed recently, then the new one could be defective or the axle isn't pushed all the way into the transaxle. Most of the axles are cheap, under $100 at most automotive stores. Installation is simple and very easy IF you have the proper tools. The loss of fluid is also minimal. Good luck to ya, Nauvoo

--
This article was posted by author's request
by http://www.AutoForumz.com/. Report abuse:

Welcome! Those of us who read this group in search of help can use all we can get.

Reply to
D F Bonnett

Welcome, "nauvoo." Instead of just throwing parts at the problem, might you outline an inspection / test to determine whether or not the inner joint is indeed in need of replacement? Thanks! :^)

--
- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM

nauvoo wrote:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Philip®

Hello,

I have this same problem. Can you tell me what finally fixed it for you?

Thanks,

David

Reply to
David

Sorry guys, Got back late! You all are right, it is the driver side Joint.

Reply to
PANQIAO XU

hello all,

I am having similiar problem with my 92 camry, except that it vibrates not only at low speed but also at high speed. In fact, it vibrates more when driving around 60mph and it also vibrates a lot when car is idle (like at a red light), at that time it almost feels as if the whole car is rocking back and forth. Any help/suggestions please?

Reply to
krire

It might be a good idea to have the motor mounts checked.

Reply to
badgolferman