Replacing thermostat?

I have a '98 Camry, LE V6. Mileage is 103k.

Should I go ahead and replace the thermostat? I might be going on a long distance trip.

Water pump was replaced at 90k, along with timing belt.

Thank you.

Reply to
Hw

Mines a '96 with the original t/stat. They have been known to fail, but its relatively rare.

I'd do it the next coolant change.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

If the thermostat were to fail (unlikely in the first place) it most likely would fail in the open position. That's not a problem in the summertime, especially when your proposed distance driving will allow the car to fully warm up even with the open thermostat.

I'd wait until it fails.

Reply to
Travis Jordan