RPM camry 1995 LE 2.2 V4

Have a strange situation ...

RPM when starting cold is 1200-1400. RPM when warmed up is 800-900

After driving for 10-20 mts and at stops when shifted to N or P the RPM is 1200. When in N or P if I pump and release the gas it goes back to 800-900.

Also when stopping at a signal light the RPM seems to fluctuate from

1400 to 1200 and the car seems to jerk a bit when that happens.

Recent work done... Replaced the radiator ...the old one was leaking and engine was heating up.

The car has 137000 miles on it.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Reply to
TeriMaki

I had similar problems. Had the Injectors cleaned. Now everything is ok.

Reply to
jan siepelstad

That symptom can be a classic indicator of air pockets in the cooling system. Given that the radiator was just replaced, that would make it probable also! BTW, that four cylinder of yours can be a real bitch to get all the air out of the cooling system, I've seen it plenty of times. You should really get it in to the shop that did the radiator and have them double check it. An air bubble trapped in the wrong spot can cause serious engine damage. Gotta get it all out!

Reply to
qslim

Thanks for your inputs...

Found out that the throttle cable was tightened a bit to avoid stalling by the mechanic who replaced the radiator.

I had another mechanic adjust the cable and clean the injectors and so far so good.

thanks again,

teri

Reply to
TeriMaki