Slow power windows

The power windows on my 99 Camry seem to be getting a bit slower and sound like they're working a bit harder when operated. I've never seen anything about lubricating the slides - is this a recommended maintenance procedure and if so, with what? Silicon spray? Thnx for any info

Allan

Reply to
Allan

You nailed it. Silicon spray in the run channels. Takes some stress off of the motors.

Reply to
qslim

Yes, and yes. You should notice an immediate improvement.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

Would someone please clue me into what a "run channel" is and where it's located? Is there a lube point? Do you have to remove the door panels?

Tks.

Reply to
Big Kahuna

Sorry. The run channel is the slide that the window runs up and down in. No need to remove the door panel. Go to the ole parts store and get a can of silicone spray, put the straw on the nozzle, and spray a bunch in the top of the run channel with the wondow rolled down, letting the silicone drip down. You'll be good to go.

Reply to
qslim

so in layman's terms you take the spray, stick it between the fuzzy things the window comes out of and just blast a bunch inside the door?

Reply to
atom