Sludge

OK.

I guess we are all not on the same page. What I meant was, if an engine has significant sludge build-up, and mine has BTW, (bought it that way,...what a fool), I fail to see how you can remove a pound of sludge *safely* this way.

All the little bits of diamond-hard carbon will be sent to the sump, then sucked thru the oil-pump rotors which run 10thou clearances and rammed into the oil-filter. This product if it does really work without damaging the engine, *must* change the sludge into a liquid, devoid of any nasty hard-bits.

OTOH, if it is only designed to remove normal residue which forms in engines with routine maint, well, that's another story.

regds Jason

Reply to
Jason James

"Philip®" spake unto the masses in news:jo%Db.7922$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Will fix that. Planning major overhaul of site.

Reply to
Tegger®

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Scot) spake unto the masses in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

That site is DOWN. Anyobody still able to view it is pulling the files off their ISP's caching servers.

rms13.com is not currently associated with any IP address, which usually means one of three things:

1) The registarnt did not pay his DNS bill (if billed for that separately) or 2) The registrant didn't pay his domain rent (not the case here) or 3) The operators of the Web site at that IP address have committed violations of the Terms of Service Agreement of whichever company had hosted it last and have been cut off.

I vote for #3. These guys probably also spamvertise G*e*n*e*r*i*c V*i*a*g*r*a and P*e*n*i*S P*i*l*l*S. They're scum.

They may be back up again within days, with a new IP address and hosting company.

Reply to
Tegger®

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Scot) spake unto the masses in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

FURTHERMORE:

The registrant info for rms13.com is bogus:

Registrant: a b 3108 nonyabiz south, Louisiana 72020 United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com Domain Name: RMS13.COM Created on: 29-Jun-03 Expires on: 29-Jun-04 Last Updated on: 29-Jun-03

GoDaddy is notorious for being popular with spammers. Sort of tells ya something about this snake-oil being peddled to you through rms13.com.

Reply to
Tegger®

They dont recommend it at all, why Mike?

Reply to
MDT Tech®

How do four stroke motorcycles ventilate the crankcase? Even Briggs and Stratton engines have a crude form of positive crankcase ventilation (at least the later ones). I would have thought that emission requirements would have forced some sort of crankcase ventilation system on four stroke engines (but not necessarily 2 stroke engines). A quick Google search reveals that at least a few motorcycles do have PCV valves.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Sorry Ed... no motorcycles have a positive crankcase ventilation valve, with the exception of BMW boxers and Italian twins. These particular motorcycles use a reed valve to take advantage of violent pressure/vacuum cycles in the crankcase to move blowby into the air box between the air filter and the carburetor... a variation on passive ventilation system. A positive crankcase ventilation system is distinguished by a variable air flow valve (rated in CFM) directly connecting the engine crankcase to the intake manifold which (with the engine running) positively facilitates air movement from the former to the latter.

Motorcycles, some older Toyota 4 cylinder engines, and your Briggs/Stratton example do not have a PCV valve system. The system they use is passive ... requiring the crankcase to pressurize slightly in order to facilitate crankcase blowby to move into the intake air stream on the atmosphere side of the throttle.

Reply to
Philip®

Then why are Toyota techs looking for it on the V6?

mike hunt

MDT Tech wrote:

Reply to
MelvinGibson

Thanks for the reply. One of the motorcycles I saw that claimed to have a PCV valve was a Ducatti. You have clarified the situation nicely. I was defining PCV as a system that directed crankcase gases to the inlet tract so that they would be burned in the engine as opposed to being dumped into the atmosphere (i.e., road draft tubes). I was including systems that forced the crankcase gases into the atmospheric side of the intake tract in the term "PCV" even if they don't have a "PCV Valve". Do motorcycles without PCV valves have some sort of fresh air circulation through the crankcase?

I found a description of the Toyota system that doesn't use a PCV valve at

. I also saw a couple ofother interesting references -
?
Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Ed... you don't get to redefine term PCV "on-the-fly" in order to save face.

PCV has been from it inception: Positive Crankcase Ventilation. This system requires the presence of a fixed or variable flow orifice connecting the crankcase to intake manifold vacuum. It also requires a fresh air inlet to the crankcase. One of the links you provided surely mentions "open" and "closed" PCV systems, the latter ensuring all crankcase vapor is still returned to the engine's intake tract even under full throttle.

Motorcycles do not use a variable or a fixed orifice to facilitate positive crankcase ventilation. Motorcycle crankcases have only one exit path for blowby vapors ... depending on a slight crankcase pressurization to move blowby to the air filter enclosure. Blowby ducted to the air filter enclosure has been required starting in the early 1970's.

Reply to
Philip®

Ed, they just dump it to atmosphere on my 4 stroke dirt bike.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Because not everyone will follow the service intervals. Same reason fire extinguishers are being added on Ford Crown Victorias, not everyone will smash into them under 30 mph, why you ask? .

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Shame on those dirty bikes.

Reply to
Philip®

The site is working now (19 December 2003; 11:03am MST).....when I did a 'whereisip' lookup, he still has the same registry data andthe site is working.

I will pull down some photos tonight from the site if you still can't get to it. Let me know.

I will tell you, on bobistheoilguy.com forum, he was tired of seeing all of the praise about the AutoRX product and decided to run a test of his own.

He lays out the story on the web site.

I don't know the guy, but based upon his early posting, I believe what he did.

-

-- Curtis Newton snipped-for-privacy@remove-me.akaMail.com

ICQ: 4899169

Reply to
Curtis Newton

Can you get to the photo gallery:

-

-- Curtis Newton snipped-for-privacy@remove-me.akaMail.com

ICQ: 4899169

Reply to
Curtis Newton

Curtis Newton spake unto the masses in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It is NOT WORKING. You are pulling the files off your ISP's caching server. It is NOT THERE ANY MORE.

Whereisip gets its info from the exact same place everybody else does. It's just a front end for using Internic's and ARIN's database, and the database for the whois server that holds the domain registration info.

Please start up whereisip and tell me what IP address is associated with that domain.

Reply to
Tegger®

I just went to the site and it seems to be working.

-- Tony Marsillo Nutmeg Repair

Reply to
Tony Marsillo

Why do you continue deny Toyotas own statements that they have a gelling problem with some of their engines, even those that are serviced properly at dealerships? Blaming it on neglect is getting a little old. Toyota stopped blaming neglect when they extended the warranty. When will you believe Toyota?

mike hunt

MDT Tech wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Curtis Newton being of bellicose mind posted:

REALLY? Where on his website are the finding from his test? Also, I notice one his SUPPORTERS is ... AutoRx.

Reply to
Philip®

In news:Xns94569B9F71D00teggeratistop@207.14.113.17, Tegger® being of bellicose mind posted:

TeGGer.... you're going to have to repeat the lecture you gave to me about how ISPs store website inquiries for a period of time in order to facilitate a faster internet experience.

Reply to
Philip®