Something I came across while checking the fluids???

I was checking the level of all the fluids when I came across something that I am not familiar with? Maybe someone can help?

I have a 2003 Camry SE V6. Looking into the engine compartment from the front of the car, there is a rectangular piece of metal with connections at both ends. There is a gray plastic cap with an 'H' on one end, and what appears to be a small clear window on the other end. I looked through the window and it appears empty inside. This rectangular chunk of metal is only about 2 inches in length, and is located at the front, just to the right of the window washer reservoir.

What is it? And should it appear to be empty?

Reply to
Analog Guy

Thats the drying element for the AC, and the cap is the port for the high pressure side of the system. And it's not empty, but filled with clear refrigerant. The glass is there to tell the charge amount of the refrigerant while the system is operating.

Qslim

Thanks for the info ... much appreciated.

Reply to
Analog_Guy