STARTER possessed???

My 94 6cyl Camry XLE starter won't disengage. It started ok, but when the key is turned off the starter engaged, immediately. It would not disengage till I removed the battery cable. I pulled the starter relay, and as soon as I connected the battery cable the starter took off again...HELP !!!!!

Reply to
TJ

Probably the contact points on the starter have fused together.

Reply to
Offen Rong

Worn starter contacts, when they get thsi bad, they start to arc and act as a spot welder. Replace the contacts.

Reply to
MDT Tech®