Suggestions for trunk carpet retainer clips?

I'm fixing up two older Toyotas (1993 Camry and 1994 Corolla), and each car is missing some of the retainer clips that hold the trunk carpeting in place.

These clips pushed through the carpet and have little expanders that snap into holes in the auto body.

Any creative suggestions on what I can use to serve this purpose? I need about a dozen, and I'll feel silly paying Toyota $3 each for them if I can do the job with a simple part I can get at Home Depot or a carpet shop.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
acunniff

Try a junkyard. Find a Toyota car in the same age range and yank out the clips you need and put them in your pocket. Hang around the yard a while and then leave! If you are not a junkyard dog,. then perhaps buying some Velcro at a arts-n-crafts store is the way to go. Good luck Bob

Reply to
BeeP

You should be able to find almost any automotive upholstery or panel clip at an automotive paint supply store. Many good auto parts stores carry them as well but usually don't have as good of a selection. They usually don't cost that much either. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92