Throttle Position Sensor Question

In a earlier post I had said that I thought the TPS on my 1989 Camry 2.0 was bad. When I testd the TPS the volts went from 7 withot the accelerator pressed at all to 4 when the peddle was fully pressed. According to the service manual it shold start at 0 and go to 8 when fully depressed. Even though double checked that I was testing it right i wasn't sure i was so I unplugged the TPS and it drives great. It won't kickdown when I accelerate hard, and there is no difference between the power and normal button. Other than that it shifts great with plenty of power and O/D works good too.

Will it hurt to keep driving it with the TPS unplugged?

Thanks for yur help :-0

Reply to
Jackson & Kymm Day

In news:XMGdncf snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com, Jackson & Kymm Day being of bellicose mind posted:

The engine ECU also uses the TPS signal.

Would it hurt you so much by getting a new TPS?

--
- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to