Timing Belt

Timig belt in the olden days use to be chain, now what is it made of? I have a camery '03 se.

thks bk

Reply to
BeckySF
03 4cyl? That should be chain.

03 6cyl? I think it's INTERFERENCE engine on a rubber band.

camery '03 se.

Reply to
johngdole

It's interesting how manufacturers say belts are quieter and better. And the next thing you know everybody is going chains.

a camery '03 se.

Reply to
johngdole

a camery '03 se.

They both have serious advantages and diasdvantages. With a chain, you can claim lower maintainance costs for the first 100k miles. With belts, you have quieter operation and lower replacement cost - even though replacement is required more often. As someone who drives a lot of high-mileage cars, I prefer belts, because there is no $600 chain job needed at 130k or so...

Reply to
mjc1

"mjc13 @verizon.net>"

Reply to