Tires gone at 20K

The original Bridgestone Potenza on my 03 Camry LE 4-cyl. are at 15.5K and my guesstimate is that I can squeeze maybe another 5K out of them.

Ticked a bit, but they are horrible tires, hydroplane-prone, etc., so, considering I live in the PNW rainforest, am not too sad.

They cost an arm and a leg, but considering my driving conditions, I am a bit intrigued by the new Goodyear assurance

line with the TripleTred features. MSRP is $117 each, but have seem them about for $90.

Anyone try 'em?

Reply to
Tim J. Johson

Just put a couple Michelin Harmony tires on my Camry. 80,000 mile warranty, good reviews on

Smooth riding also. About $66 per tire I think. Check the ratings on Tirerack for those other ones you mentioned.

Reply to
ROBMURR

I put a set of Michelin X-1's on my '97 Camry a while back - it had dreadful Firestones on it when I bought it.

That was over 50,000 miles ago, and they're just beginning to visibly wear - but still have plenty of tread left, maybe another 20-30K. Nice.

Some time back I had Goodyear Aquatreads on a Mercury, and was well pleased, though they didn't wear as well as these X-1s. The local dealer has all of his Aquatreads at half price right now; there may be special deals wherever you are, as well.

Reply to
Scott Schuckert