Transmission Dipstick Soo Difficult to use! / 94 Camry

Hello everyone, New to the toyota blogs here...Any advice would be so appreciated...Just got a very clean 94 Camry V6 w/ Auto transmission,
and as I am attempting to checking the Transmission Level--The dipstick is very difficult to re-insert. It was easy to remove--but I can't seem to put it in all the way...
Is there a special trick to putting it in?? When I do try to push it in, it is loaded with pressure and wants to spring up an inch or two...then when I go to pull it out, it is very difficult--as it snags on the way out.
Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Any non-virgin shouldn't have any problems. Just work it in and out, until you find the point of least resistance.

Thanks Sharx35. I appreciate your help--I finally did get it in, it was just like you said--working it to find that 'elusive' point--but kindof crazy compared to some cars--like our old Accord with a 4 inch straight rod--and the only thing it touches is the rubber!!!
-resolved!