toyota camry 1990

My 1990 Camry jerks when I place the foot on the pedal and start to accelerate and when I release the pedal completely. This problem occurs when the car is running at any speed. If you know what it could be, please answer. Thank you.

Reply to
Greg

If the car jerks when you have *released* the throttle,..it sounds like shot engine mounts. Just a guess there. With the engine off, try to see how much movement you get when rocking the engine back an forth.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Thank you Jason. You are not the first who suspected the engine mounts, but a new engine and mounts were fitted in the car 10 days ago. This very problem existed with the old engine and mounts. Please, try again!

Reply to
Greg

Hi there,

In article , rmor53

I had the exact same problem.

  1. Check and make sure throttle body is clean and not sticky.
  2. Check Mass AirFlow sensor

  1. If it's not the throttle body / motor mounts / air sensor check the "kickdown cable".

It runs from the throttle spring assembly to the transmission valve body, thus it's a coupling between the throttle and transmission.

See my thread about a '98 Camry V6 and transmission "jerking" issue.

Jay.

Reply to
Jay