Transmission Not Changing Gears Until Warm

Can anyone offer suggestions or ideas on what I need to do to correct this problem. Car is a 1993 Toyota Camry with

85,000 miles. Thanks in advance Herb
Reply to
spar

This is normal behavior if you are referring to it not engaging into Overdrive. You will only shift through the first three speeds until the engine reaches a certain temperature.

Reply to
badgolferman

If only into overdrive it's normal when cold. But other gears first try checking fluid condition and level.

spar wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

Over drive needs 110f for it to shift , but normal maintenance is having a pro drop the trans pan, clean magnets, change trans oil, filter and new oil, at required intervals. I will bet 1000000$ you aint dont whats recommended, so you now ask a stupid question, of why its broke.

Reply to
m Ransley