Trunk/luggage courtesy bulb for '86 Camry

Does anybody know the bulb model/type for the trunk courtesy lamp in an '86 Camry? Mine has never had one as long as I've owned it, so the original is not there to easily get a replacement. I've looked everywhere and can't find information. If it helps, the socket looks to accept a rectangular base (maybe 1/2" x 1/8", don't know the depth ??)

Thanks a bunch!

TJ

Reply to
Tim J.

Try bulb #168, available at your local parts store.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks Ray! Perfect fit. Let there be light!

TJ

Reply to
Tim J.

You're welcome!

Reply to
Ray O

Tim J. wrote: || Does anybody know the bulb model/type for the trunk courtesy lamp in || an '86 Camry? Mine has never had one as long as I've owned it, so || the original is not there to easily get a replacement. I've looked || everywhere and can't find information. If it helps, the socket || looks to accept a rectangular base (maybe 1/2" x 1/8", don't know || the depth ??) || || Thanks a bunch! || || TJ

I'd suspect a 194 or a 158?? Go with the higher wattage one. The 99 Camry has a piss poor trunk light. I swapped in one of the license plate lights instead.

Reply to
Liberal|sarl|airs|

Too weak. That's what the 99 Camry came with. I swapped in a 194, like the license plate lights use, and found more illumination.

Reply to
Liberal|sarl|airs|

Liberal|sarl|airs| !|"

Reply to
Liberal|sarl|airs|

"Liberal|sarl|airs| !|" |||| Does anybody know the bulb model/type for the trunk courtesy lamp

I never recommend using a higher wattage bulb than the factory recommended one because of potential problems with heating wires that may be sized "just right" and melting housings and covers. If someone wants to experiment or do the math, then they probably wouldn't be asking questions about proper lamp sizes and wattages.

Reply to
Ray O

Ray O wrote: || "Liberal|sarl|airs| !|"

Reply to