v6 overheted

My 97 v6 overheated and the engine died. I have checked these things and still the engine spins, but will not start. What else can I check?

Spark Good Fuel supply Good Oil not dies-colored or bubbly Removed plugs and compression seems OK

Does the electronics need to be reset?

Appreciate any suggestions

Reply to
Louis Joffe

Did you test compression? When my 4 cyl. truck overheated, needed a new (rebuilt) head installed. Mechanic nearby (I coasted to a gas station) could tell by the sound as soon as he heard it cranking over - heat warped the (aluminum) head. In my case I was lucky. The rebuilt head for a 20R including camshaft was around $140 and I had another car, so was able to take my time and do the installation myself.

Reply to
Daniel

Out of interest, Dan,..what happened? Water-pump failure?

Jason

Reply to
Jason James