Which Engine?

2004 Camry LE V6 The manual says there are different engines used in the car. What identifying things to look for to determine which engine it is?
Reply to
BeeJ

Look under the hood and see if they didnt put it on the valve cover or other place under the hood. Both our toyotas have it clearly available.

Else, look up your VIN number, or look on your car title. Titles here have the engine type.

Reply to
hls

Two possible V6's:

3.0L (1MZ-FE) 3.3L (3MZ-FE)

The 3.3L was only available in the SE, so you should have the 3.0L.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

In 2000, this engine had this number, or part of it, prominately embossed in the engine itself, on the right end, half way down. written sideways, with letters an inch high.

I suppose on a greasy engine, they could be invisible, but on a clean engine, I had to work hard to miss them. The shop manual gave two possible engines for the Solara, and sketches of each, but at that part of the manual didn't say that one was a 4- and the other a

6-cylinder. . I was trying to determine which mine was, from their sketchy sketch when I finally saw it written on the enngine block.
Reply to
micky