Toyota small pickup - gas milage

I'm kicking around the idea of getting a small used Toyota pickup. 4 cylinder, about 1988-1990.

I'm wondering what is the gas milage on something like this?

Reply to
Jack SaturnOwner

You looking for a 5-speed or automatic? With a stick, your best hope would be somewhere around 21 and 25mpg (city/hwy). This is purely general, as is your post. An automatic might come in a little lower.

Reply to
S.Lewis

I have an '88 2WD pickup and those numbers sound about right. I've gotten as high as 27 MPG on the highway, by being very careful. That was about 12 years and 160,000 miles ago. I haven't really kept track of the gas mileage for the past 10 years of so, I found it didn't really alter my driving habits and I still had to fill it up when it got near empty. Worst part was that being anal about MPG didn't improve it at all, and most everyone I talked to got better mileage (or so they said) than I did! The first liar didn't stand a chance... :>))

Tom - Vista, CA

Reply to
TOM

Jack,

I have a 92' V6 2wd Pick-up and average 22.5 mpg's I hope this helps..

Tony

Reply to
1992 Toyota Xcab

my '88 2wd 4speed carb version got mid 20's in local driving (very little in town stop'n'go) and around 30 on freeway outings. Newer trucks (like my new to me '94 Xtra Cab) have a lot more in the way of creature comforts - better seats, tilt steering, etc etc. Tho' also a 22R this truck seems to weigh about 500 lbs more, has more power, and maybe 5-10% worse gas mileage.

Reply to
JeB