'03 Tundra check Engine Light. 9,985 miles

Hello All,

Please help/advise. My '03 Tundra, 6cyl, has the 'Check Engine' light on.

9,985 miles. Everything is working fine, no overheating, oil pressure is good and volts are fine. Any ideas? Anybody know how to 'tap-out' the trouble code? Please advise. Thanks

Best regards,

RG

Reply to
RG

Likely an O2 sensor. Go to any AutoZone. They'll lend you a scanner at no charge. It'll let you know what's going on.

------------------------------------------------------ "If you wind up being less than what you're pretending to be, there is a major confrontation with value and self-esteem and your sense of how others view you." - John Kerry, 1996, after the suicide of Adm. Mike Boorda, accused of receiving undeserved decorations

Reply to
Eric Dreher

Reply to
Malcom Gillette

Mine just went through this. turned out it was the fuel filler tube which has a TSB. Dealer replaced it no charge and all seems well again. Only diff is mine is the V8. Doubt it matter though.

Reply to
dg

You're right. They do have to do the repair.

But he DID ask how to read the code. Hence my answer.

And it wouldn't hurt to know if they're trying to take anyone for a ride.

------------------------------------------------------ "If you wind up being less than what you're pretending to be, there is a major confrontation with value and self-esteem and your sense of how others view you." - John Kerry, 1996, after the suicide of Adm. Mike Boorda, accused of receiving undeserved decorations

Reply to
Eric Dreher

This is the correct answer.

There are two M.I.L. TSBs related to this issue. The first, EG019-03, covers replacing [only] the fuel filler neck, and the other, EG020-03, covers the vacuum switching valve.

B~

Reply to
BradS

It was the gas fill tube.