stock 03 tundra radio/cd player HELP PLEASE

Hello Folks,

I've got an 03 Tundra with the stock radio/CD/cassette player. The CD stopped working. Everything lights up, the CD feeds in, but then ejects after about 15 seconds. The unit 'searches' but cannot find any tracks. This happens with any CD I've put in there ;^( I used to hear a 'ramp-up' / CD spinning just prior to the player finding the tracks. I do not hear that movement now. Any ideas if it can be easily fixed vs. replaced ? Is it a direct drive motor or is it belt drive for CD player?

Best regards,

Rich

Reply to
RG

Fixed, thanks for looking ;^)

Reply to
RG

Dirty laser? Reading error was it?

Reply to
Scotty

I opened up the unit and re-seated the thin ribbon wire that connects to the CD assembly (which is a modular unit inside the overall radio 'box'.) I did wipe the blue laser with a cotton swab although it was as clean as a whistle. I then moved the laser assembly back towards the front of the unit since it is on a brass worm post gear. I don't know which of the three task fixed it but I am happy it is. There are 5 screws that hold on the overall interior bezel. two are inside the AC duct louvers and three are under the three AC/heater/direction knobs.

V/r,

RG

Reply to
RG