06 4Runner ATF Dipstick?

While looking under the hood (and in the owners manual for that matter) I don't see a dipstick for the tranny fluid. I have the V6 and don't see one nor do I see any mention of it in the owners manual. What gives?

Bob

Reply to
Bob A

Rule one: Make sure your not driving a manual. ;o) Rule two: If your driving an auto, look real hard, it'll be there somewhere. Rule Three: All else fails, take it to e full service gas station and get them to find it.

Reply to
Scotty

Not sure if it's in your owners' manual or not but, the new Toy's don't have a trans dipstick. There have been several threads on this in the ng., I think there may be a full-level plug on the trans. You can google to find out for sure. davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

No dipstick for you. New 4Runners have "lifetime" (yeah right) transmission fluid, and they don't want you messing with it.

Reply to
qslim

Thanks for the heads up David! I even had my glasses on when looking for it! It's funny that there is no mention of checking the ATF at all in the owners manual...whether by means of a dipstick or by a fill plug on the tranny.

Bob

Reply to
Bob A

We have an 06 Prerunner V-6 auto, No trans dipstick. It was filled at the factory and as long as it does not leak it will stay full. Toyota says dont worry about it. Scott

Reply to
zonie

It is very common on new vehicles now not to have dipsticks on autos you check and change just like a manual.

Joe

Reply to
Joe