1996 tacoma question

Just got this truck the other day.. 122k miles I am new to Toyota, and i would like some info. Everything looks clean and in good shape but what are some basic things to replace or check on on the v-6 engine after this many miles? Id look in the manual but it didnt come with one.. just a sort of "mini manual"

Thanks alot!

Steve

Reply to
Steve Grammer

When I bought my 99 a few months back, I took it to my local Toyota dealer and paid $75 them give it a good mechanical inspection, check it out on the road and offroad. They did a good complete job, took about 2 hours, they gave it about a nine, which I thought as pretty good for a vehicle with 80K miles, and then I took it to an independent shop and he put it on the treadmill and ran it through the paces and gave it about a 9.5 on emissions and engine health. So far so good.

Joe

Reply to
Joseph Myers

I just stumbled upon this

The site has maint schedules for all makes and models. Click on "Tips & Advice". Don't know how accurate it is, though.

Jim

Reply to
Gott Lieb?