1997 Toyota 4 Runner Hood Latch Cable?

I popped open my hood and I could see that one I did that the tension of the cable to the hood lost all its tension.

I further investigated and had to removed the spring from the locking mechanism and saw the hood cable somewhat connected. Any one have a diagram on how the cable connects to the locking mechanism spring so the tension is back to normal. Currently the hood will not lock properly.

It seems pretty simple but I can't seem to figure it out

Reply to
wooza_b