240 Hood Latch Problem

The cable that opens the hood of my '90 Volvo 240 wagon has broken right at the lever in the passenger compartment. How do I now get the hood open? How do I repair the problem?

To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.

Reply to
George

Is there still a nub of cable left under the dash that you could grab with some pliars? If not then you can run the car up on ramps or jackstands and get to the hood latch from underneath, that's harder though.

Reply to
James Sweet

Yes there is a " nub of cable". I attached a cable clamp to it and managed to get the hood open once. For now, I am driving around with the grille removed so that I can get at the release mechanism.

Reply to
George

Shouldn't cost much to get a new hood cable, can probably find a good used one real cheap at a U-pull yard.

Reply to
James Sweet

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 02:53:57 GMT, "James Sweet"

OK. One thing concerns me. The original cable had a "T" end at the lever in the passenger compartment. The end of the "T" is still in the lever & I can't figure out how to get it out.

Reply to
George