1999-> 4Runner 4x2

Is there any way to disable the alarm-beeper in a 1999 4runner?

Somebody stole the key and the alarm set from my wife purse. An alternative would be to loose the clip from the doors looks - this way no key will open the door and install another/secondary alarm, but the "original" alarm will still work. If the thieve use the "original" key or beeper to open the car the "second" alarm will be activated. He won't be able to turn on the truck, since the second alarm will cut the electricity too.

Toyota dealers with the support of Toyota's Customer Relation Manager, is asking $2800.00 to replace the computer and all locks. On models after

2001, the alarm module allows to delete and add new keys and beepers. Note that Honda can do that in their models only with a password given to only 3 supervisors in PR. A police "claim #" may be required to justify the changes by the Honda supervisors. There is no procedure like this in Toyota PR.

Even if I pay the 3k the parts will arrive in PR in 4 weeks.

Should I write to Toyota in USA and ask for help too?

Thank you for your advice.

Regards,

Reply to
Carlos Perez