How to re-program 1999 4Runner keyless remote

My 4Runner is loaded with RS3000 PLUS security alarm system. I found a similar programming instruction on the internet. But that did not work for my alarm. I was wondering are those instructions just for RS3000 but not RS3000 PLUS.

Here is an example, I have a 1999 4Runner and I followed the directions above (which I've copied below) with one exception. In step 8 -- I held the lock button instead of the unlock button in order for the directions to work.

Step 1 - open drivers side door and get in your vehicle.

Step 2 - put key completely into ignition,then pull out.

Step 3- with door open, lock and unlock 5 times on door console (ten clicks total).

Step 4 - close door then open door.

Step 5 - lock and unlock 5 times on door console (ten clicks total).

Step 6 - put key completely into ignition then turn to the on position then pull key out (you will now hear the door locks lock then unlock a couple of times)

Step 7 - now quickly press the lock and unlock buttons at the same time only for about a second.

Step 8 - then quickly press the lock (or unlock) button for just a second.

Step 9 - exit car and close the door

Is there any different between RS3000 and RS3000 PLUS?

Thanks,

Reply to
easy2use