2001 Highlander...needs battery

Does anyone have an Optima battery installed in this truck? I have a perfect fit model, but the + and - are on the opposite side...so I was wondering if anyone knows of a model of these batteries that might fit easier.

Thanks guys!

JD

Reply to
JD Bronson

Optima #34R. If needed to raise the battery to fit the hold downs, Optima has a plastic spacer to put under the battery.

Reply to
Ken Shelton

I just put an optima battery into a 2001 Tundra. The terminals are close to the middle of the battery in stead of on the sides like a conventional battery. I put it in the same direction as a standard. The positive side fit just fine, but I had to buy a longer ground cable that attached to the body. Cost me about $4.

Reply to
sverige101