2003 Tundra front axle boots

It seems that after I brought the truck in for ball joint recall, grease started spraying out of the front boots. The boots are not cracked, it looks like the grease is making it past where the metal band is located. Can these be related?

Reply to
Randy Kalal

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Yer DAMD RITE......they can be!

anywhooo....

I WOULD...get it back in before too much time passed and they have a legitimate reason to deny they did it.

Go back while the grease still..."Looks" fresh that's coming out of the boot. That's your "leg to stand on" so to speak. If all the grease in the area is fresh...they can't well deny that the tech didn't muck up the thing while moving it around to change the ball joint.

One last thing.....and keep this in mind.....

Yours.....wasn't the FIRST one that they've had come back over the years because it got mucked up while they worked on it. Fact,,not Fiction. And don't let'm try and make you believe otherwise.

anywhoooo.....

gl...and let us know

~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a toke.......dabs a bit of silicone on the cv boot...... yeah.....he'll NEVER know now~ ~:~

ps..... damd i'm good

:)

Reply to
Marsh Monster

I haven't taken my 2005 in for that recall yet, but I'm glad you mentioned it. But, over the winter my driver's side mirror was getting looser by the day. I took it in to havr it tightened up and now my window is loose when I roll it up & down. It never did that before I took it in.

Reply to
nospam

Reply to
Randy Kalal