22r: one of the greats

Just last year I bought an '85 xtracab deluxe 2wd. Living in Michigan it's hard to find one of these that has a bed anymore, or that the frame hasn't snapped just behind the body. Mine has minimal body rust and 226k. I finally cracked the head because I beat the living hell out of it. Let me explain the mods here: removed bed and built a REALLY nice oak bed

245/75/14 tires on rear, 195/60/14 on the front, directional 4" exhaust, straightpippe, stacks out of the "bed" (copstoper) GM metallic Midnight Blue w/silver racing stripe different various interior mods, neons, and an overhead console from a 95 caravan

Here's my issue:

Does anyone in Michigan know where I might be able to come across a

22r turbo, if not, has anyone fiddled with putting a chevy 350 in one? I have a 4-bolt smallblock sitting in the garage just waiting for a good canidate.

Answer back!

-Yoda Guy

Reply to
muhhuh

One of the greatest! I have a '84 Toyota ExtraCab 4x4 pickup (22R) with 240,000 miles and running strong. Only problem I had was to have the 5 speed rebuilt at

125,000 miles. The 22R is a great long lived engine.

Nick

snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote:

Reply to
Nick