Mitsubishi Lancer Electrical Problem

Hi everyone, I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer. I've only had it for about a month.

The week i bought it the battery died on me after i was sitting in the car for approx 20 minutes waiting for a friend (had the radio running, that was about it). Ever since then i've been abit paranoid about it dieing again. I've noticed lately that at night the dashboard lights get brighter if i increase the revs when idling, and dim again when the revs drop. Also i notice a similar thing happening when i indicate, the dash will flash bright/dim with the indicator.

Is this an alternator problem? does the alternator need to be replaced or is it a simpler fix???

Any input appreciated.

Reply to
nader82

Take it to your friendly "box auto parts store" and ask them to test the battery / charging system. It sounds to me like a battery that has reached the end of its life but it could also be an alternator that isn't up the challenge of running all your accessories and charging the battery.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.