22RE Leaks oil

Hello all i have a 1985 Toy 4x4 SR5 with a 22RE motor. The motor seems to leak some oil out of the front of the motor. It had is seals done about a year ago when the motor was rebuilt. I think it might be the crank seal. Someone told me that the crank pully wears or something and there is a shim or collar kit you can buy to make things fit nicely again. Has anyone heard of this?

Thanx Ken

Reply to
Ken

Google "22RE reddi sleeve," "22RE speedy sleeve" or "22RE repair sleeve." I think you find what you're looking for. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Check for a loose bolt or three on the sump case. If its had recent work they may need retightening now.

Reply to
Scotty

Thanx Jerry! Thats what he was talking about. Thats great. Thanx!!

Ken

Reply to
Ken

Replacing the seal at the crank pulley is simple. Socket wrench with long bar to undo the bolt. Slide pully off. Pry out old seal and replace with new. Be sure to coat with oil first. Replace pulley and belts. That's it.

Bubba

Reply to
Bubba