22re timing chain kit options, $

DOA Racing $275 , prestretched chain, metal backed guides

LCEngineering $170 says plastic guides,but the picture looks like metal? http://209.250.27.45/m1webgear/ProductDetails.aspx?PartID=1015033&PartRevisionID= Northwest

price, but indicate they sell a kit for the dual chain conversion,with different oil pump drive gear? Anything else needed? no pricelisted.

Autozone: $55 on the website for a kit, Dynagear chain, (make sure the sprocket oil channel is clear from casting defects.) Suspiciously cheap

Toyota dealer quote for all parts, oil seal etc...$450+ and thats the same OEM guides

I would consider the conversion to the pre84 dual chain, not sure what else is required??

Any advice welcome, I am leaning toward DOA (I just fished a long piece of drivers side guide out of engine)

Reply to
Cregster

Cregster