22RE to 3vze

Hey. my friend has a private mechanic that will do anything he needs him to, and I want to put a 3.0 Liter toyota v6 in my truck. I have the

22re all suped up but it just isnt as fast as the 3.0 i drove the other day that just had an intake... i mean that thing LURCHED when it shifted... The reason I wanna use the toyota engine is because i heard that the 3vze can swap for the 22re back and forth pretty easy cuz they can bolt up to each others trannys... is this true? If its not, what do I need to do... I can get a new tranny... but will I still have 4 wheel drive? Thats all I car about. Shit. Ill put a 327 in my truck if I can have 4 wheel drive in my truck... I just heard that the 3.0 is the easiest way... this mechanic is pretty talented.. he works on my friends race car..... and builds his own EFI units for people... but yeah... can i do an easy swap? will the engine bolt up to the tranny...? what all do i need to do?
Reply to
ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe

"ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

If your that keen on a V8 why not go for a 1UZ (Lexus V8). Can use the same gearbox as the 3VZE and its only 4 litre. OR even the 4 LItre V6 with 175 KW. (Latest model Hilux (Southern Hemisphere))

Reply to
Scotty

is the gearbox in the 3vze the same as the 22re though... thats what i need to find out....

Reply to
ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe

I dont think so ...

If you must swap in a Toyota V6 then use the 3.4l which will bolt in where the 3l bolts in

Matt

I think im just gonna use the 1UZ v8 if i can get my hands on one.... what kinda ride has those in them? the way ill work it, is drop the v8 in there, with a super charger, and methanyl injection... but ill have a switch so i dont have to always have it on... ill also have a switch on the inside of the truck and makes it go from muffler to strait pipe.. :D

Reply to
ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe

"ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

They come in Lexus's, Toyota soarers, Windums, and one other that I cat remember.

Reply to
Scotty

shwwwweeett. well. now im on the lookout for a toyota pickup with a v6 muhuaaa.... im also getting a muscle car custom built for me... along with a shifter cart with an engine from a honda cbr600rr ;D

Reply to
ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe

I hear they arent great motors ... u may be better off with a charged

3.4l or a domestic V8

The 3L is not that hot of an engine. You can get far more power out of a

22R with a little work then the 3VZE. Now a charged 3.4L with a bit of work, 300HP is not out of the question.

If you really want power, swap the engine out of a Supra, put on duel turbos or a blower, and hold on.

Reply to
Eddie

hmm.. my 22re does haul ass and a half. its pretty suped up... intake, headers, muffler system tuned valves... and chipped. hmm. well. i dont care. i dont want a 4 banger. i want a v8. or a v6. if u supe up the 3 liter..... would it be slower than the 3L? I really want to have an assload of power... passing power, and towing power.... thats why i want the lexus v8.... all i gotta do is find one. i am gonna put a blower on that shit running methanyl... and yeah. fast much.... but i need the v6 toyota to fit the lexus v8

Reply to
ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe

If your refering to the 1UZE, you have been misinformed! Fantastic all alloy

32 valve, can rev at 6500 all day every day in standard form. Super reliable, remains a toyota motor for resale value and light motor to boot. Any local motors have all that and 192 Kw of power. (The new 4litre V6 has 175Kw)
Reply to
Scotty

"ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

No you dont! If its the same shell as the Southern Hemisphere Hilux/Surf range all the 4bangers take the V8 with ease in the engine bay from all accounts.

Why swap shells when you have one already that your comfortable with?

Reply to
Scotty

sound good :) There must be one Toyota V8 which is a real stinker though .. dunno which ...

I have only heard good things about the 3.4l ... For the OP a domestic V8 may be the route to go ..

Matt

You do not want the 3VZE if you are looking for power. Box stock it's only rated at 150HP. I think the 22RE is around 135HP. I have a 3VZE, it's a nice engine, but very little aftermerket parts are around for it. Ehaust system, and a hotter cam is about all you can do. And in the end, you will have a hard time getting near the 190HP the 5VZE

3.4L engine makes box stock.

The best bang for the buck is buying a used 3.4L from Japan from an importer. They run around 1K US. Then drop a blower on it and hang on. I have seen drag racers getting 700HP out of the 3.4L, but that does require a lot of work. Search on google for more info.

The next step up is the Supra motor. You can get a lot of HP out of it, but it's not a drop in install.

A V8 is going to be heavy. Watch out.

Reply to
Eddie

Ah, someone else whos never experienced the 1UZe. All alloy V8, anyway, its not the HP that you want in a 4x4 its torque, the V8 has more than the V6.

Reply to
Scotty

ok. let me get this shit strait. i have the 22re transmission.

i heard that no engine but the 22r and the 20r can bolt up to this transmission. is this true or false?

Can i bolt the lexus 1uz v8 up to the 22re transmission?

if not.... what can i bolt to the 22re transmission?

I wanna drop a v8 in my truck, but maintain 4 wheel drive.. i have a private mechanic... what do you suggest i do? do a tranny swap to a

3vze transmission with the 1uz engine under the hood?
Reply to
ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe

Personally, I'm not a fan of V's in general. I wanted to drop a 7mgte (Supra straight 6 with turbo, but not the twin turbo one) into my

22re truck, but would have had to switch to a solid front axle, or settled for 2wd. I think the transmission just needed a new bellhousing to hook up.
Reply to
Johann Koenig

"ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Ask around for anyone that can make you a conversion plate to bolt the two together. I know that the plates are available for the 3VZE V6 to 1UZE V8 but not sure about the 22R sorry. Google it.

Reply to
Scotty