4RUNNER fan switch

93 4RUNNER, fan switch wont move past the slowest speed. Is this units difficult to replace?
Reply to
John

If the switch clicks to the other settings but fan speed doesn't change then its the fans resistor pack that has blown and not the switch. This is common problem - resistor pack (looks like a relay - small black plastic square). Replacemnt is $14-20 for the part. Think is is behind (have to remove) glove box near center of dash). Part needed is called cooler/coil resistor # 88635-89103 (check to ensure proper # for your model and year).

Reply to
Wolfgang

Try this link

Wolfgang

The switch itself is relatively easy, depending on things. The problem I had with my 92 4runner's switch, was that the switch itself had melted enough to warp it, and this caused the contacts to not make contact. A replacement switch from Toyota was CAN$65.00!!. The problem I now face with mine after

265,000 kilometers, is that the heat has also affected where the switch mounts, and that is the vent controls itself. Now for me, inorder to fix this I have to get a complete set of vent controls AND the switch. Time to hit the wrecking yard!!

Reply to
Evil Homer

I had an 87 T-bird that had that same problem... when I investigated I found a bunch of wires from the stereo had fallen into the swith mechanasim and jammed it up....might be worth a look see!

Tommy

Reply to
Tommy Boye