4Runner v6 engine

Can someone tell me what was the last year the 4Runner and pickup came with the 3.0 engine?

Thanks in advance Charles

Reply to
Charles
09-04-07 07:54 I believe the 4Rnrs started with the 3.4l in the third generation =
  1. Don't know if late 95 had it or not? Or about the pickups.
Reply to
ed_herman
1988 according to this:
OldPhart

Thanks, That answers my question.

Charles

Reply to
Charles

1988 was the FIRST year! (Put your reading glasses on, OldPhart!) 1995, up to the intro of the Tacoma's and the new generation of 4Rnr, was the last year.
Reply to
Jeff

| > 1988 according to this:

| 1988 was the FIRST year! (Put your reading glasses on, OldPhart!) | 1995, up to the intro of the Tacoma's and the new generation of 4Rnr, | was the last year.

LOL! I had them on; time to buy a new pair. But, if you clicked on the right box, the info was there:

the year of the new V6.

Reply to
OldPhart

Maybe squinting will help!

The 1st link states, "1988 4Runner History: More power and refinement arrive in a 3.0-liter V6 engine...".

And,

is referring to the 1996 "...new V6 engine features a double-overhead cam four-valve design...". The 3.4L engine.

The answer to the OP's question is 1995. Come on, you know that, OldPhart!

Reply to
Jeff

| > | 1988 was the FIRST year! (Put your reading glasses on, OldPhart!) | > | 1995, up to the intro of the Tacoma's and the new generation of

4Rnr, | > | was the last year. | >

| > LOL! I had them on; time to buy a new pair. But, if you clicked on the | > right box, the info was there: | >

the year of the newV6. | >

| Maybe squinting will help! | | The 1st link states, "1988 4Runner History: More power and refinement | arrive in a 3.0-liter V6 engine...". | | And,

is referring to the 1996 | "...new V6 engine features a double-overhead cam four-valve design...". | The 3.4L engine. | | The answer to the OP's question is 1995. Come on, you know that, OldPhart!

If 1996 is the first year for the new engine then 1995 must have been the last of the old one. Are you a troll or just anal retentive?

Reply to
OldPhart

Someone is "anal" something, Fart!

I was just resp> | Can someone tell me what was the last year the 4Runner and pickup > came with

That's YOU, saying that 1988 was the last year!

Reply to
Jeff

Actually, the "new" 3.4 engine was introduced in the 1995.5 Tacoma, a

1995 model year...
Reply to
Jeff
95 1/2 was the beginning of the 3.4L 5VZ engines for the 3rd gen. 4Runners.
Reply to
Joseph Wind