Help! With Keyless Entry...!!

Could someone tell me how the HELL do I program a remote control for my

2001 Toyota 4Runner SR -5 ?? First of all I found an old 4Runner remote in a junk yard. It was in an older 4Runner, not sure of the year, but the remote looks just like mine. (I tested the battery, it's ok)So I called the dealer he said it will cost me $25 dollars 4 them 2 program it to my truck, and it takes around 20 mins or so (which I doubt!) He said there is a whole procedure that you have to go though, like turning different accessories on and off!

Ok there you have it, now I need it>>>THE instruction sheet on how 2 program the remote to work on my 4Runner. Is there a web site or a way to get this info? THANK YOU very much, in advance 4 any HELP!

AL in New Jersey

Reply to
Al

Does the code on the back of it match other remotes that came with the vehicle? If not it can never be programed to work.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang

"Wolfgang" wrote in message news:AcAQc.9940$pT5.5450@lakeread05...

"Al" wrote in message news:ad6dnQTT0cRpLY snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com... > Could someone tell me how the HELL do I program a remote control for my > 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR -5 ?? > First of all I found an old 4Runner remote in a junk yard. It was in an > older 4Runner, not sure of the year, but the remote looks just like mine. (I > tested the battery, it's ok)So I called the dealer he said it will cost me > $25 dollars 4 them 2 program it to my truck, and it takes around 20 mins or > so (which I doubt!) He said there is a whole procedure that you have to go > though, like turning different accessories on and off! > > Ok there you have it, now I need it>>>THE instruction sheet on how 2 > program the remote to work on my 4Runner. Is there a web site or a way to > get this info? > THANK YOU very much, in advance 4 any HELP! > > AL in New Jersey > >

Reply to
mbeck

If you have a fax I'll send them to you. But make sure that the FCC ID#s on the back of the new remote are the same as the original.

Reply to
qslim